rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things to Know About Featured Author Mary E. Pearson

In addition to being the author of our March pick, The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Mary E. Pearson is a barefoot girl. Here, we get a glimpse of her personality (read more in the March issue of Readergirlz):

On the nightstand: Chapstick and the book What I Saw and How I Lied

Pets: Brody and Hunter -- 160 pounds of slobbery, golden love.

Dream book tour: All my writer friends get to go along with me and sign their books too. And let's throw in Paris since it's a dream tour.

Stilettos or Uggs? Au naturel! Bare feet all the way!

How would you answer one ore more of these questions, readergirlz?





14 comments:

Little Willow said...

My favorite shoes are those I dance in (tap shoes, character shoes, jazz shoes, ballet slippers) but if we're talking regular walking and daily style, Mary Janes or something comfortable. I'll pass on both the stilettos and the Uggs. The only heels I own are my tap shoes! :) I embrace my shortness!!

Melissa Walker said...

LW, I hear you! I'm into ballet flats (London Sole has the BEST ones).

Shelf Elf said...

Fav shoes: my designer rubber boots (so cute - I get lots of attention when I wear them!)

On the nightstand: same book as Mary! WHAT I SAW AND HOW I LIED (and ear plugs for when the dog snores)

Marie said...

I am into HUGE platform sneakers!

Silvia said...

On the nightstand: Generation Dead

Inspiration: When I have to write something just a nice day will do.

Melissa O. said...

Oooh, on my nightstand right now IS The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I'm really enjoying it so far. Sadly, no pets at the moment. As for shoes, I'm a flip-flop kinda girl.

Little Willow said...

Melissa: I only own one pair of ballet flats - shiny silver! - purchased for a wedding in which I was maid-of-honor and had a very cool slate dress. :)

Justina Chen said...

Sign me up for that kind of book tour. Paris with my writer-friends? Definitely. Melissa would have to tour us around all the fashion houses, too.

Erin said...

Oh, I just finished What I Saw and How I Lied! :)
Right now on my nightstand: The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson.

Unknown said...

Stilettos or Uggs? I'm with Mary - barefoot is amazing :)

Llehn said...

Hooray for bare feet!!!!

Molz614 said...

I love her books!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.