readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Operation TBD: The Contest!

Dear readergirlz, the time has come for a contest! Actually, five weeks of contests!

Here's the deal: each week from now until Support Teen Literature Day on April 16th, we'll be awarding a package of books to one winner. To enter, you just comment on our blog posts (comments on older posts count - a point for each comment!) and get an extra ten points for taking up the week's challenge. Get ten more any time by becoming one of our blog followers!

Report your post on our blog with the URL (and get eleven points!). We'll keep track of the comments and urls and award the winners the following Monday. Books! Prizes! And you'll be supporting teen lit and hospitalized teens across the country.

This week's challenge:

Post the Operation TBD trailer on your blog (trailer below). Spread the word about Operation TBD!

All posts Monday 3/16 through Saturday midnight PST count toward this week's prize. Thanks to Shelli at Market My Words for the great idea!


susan said...

I think TBD is a great project and I'm happy to support it. I also run a library for readers who have limited access so books so not only do I identify with this project but we need books. We have zero funding. Thanks for hosting this contest.

Justina Chen Headley said...

SUSAN: which library is this that receives no funding?

I am rocking the drop, girlz!

~justina, readergirlz diva

susan said...

Hi Justina,

I run a community library at Alternatives For Girls in Detroit. You can find more information about our group at Color Online. Thanks for asking.

I just posted about TBD

I'm a little confused where to list each url for each comment I make.

susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan said...

Duh, I need my morning coffee. lol You only need the url for the post promoting TBD, right.

And I am already a follower. Thanks.

Erika Lynn said...

this is great
I blogged about it

and I am already a follower

bridget3420 said...

I'm a blog follower:)


Marie said...

I am a follower & I posted about it here:


Insert Book Title Here said...

This is such a great idea! You rock!

I am now following you...but not just 'cuz of the contest. :)

I also blogged about it here:

Mrs. F-B's Books Blog said...

I blogged about it here:


Can't wait for our celebration!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks for this contest, Holly! Away we go!!!!

Shelli said...

kewl! Im in :)

holly cupala said...

Yay! I'm so thrilled you all are digging the contest! Thanks to Shelli for the great idea!

Amee said...

I'm already a follower!

ElanaJ said...

I'm all over this like the Donner party on each other. Will be posting the trailer sometime this week. I *think* I'm following you...but I came from the Shelf Elf, so I'm not sure. And my Internet is acting all wonky right now when I click on the FOLLOW button. Maybe it's just not my day. Le sigh.

Genevieve said...

This is a fantastic project! Usually I don't re-post things on my blog but I really support this project. I posted it here:

And I'm already a follower! I've commented on past posts, am I supposed to look them all up and link them back?

Aerin said...

My first year to support TBD - I'm so excited!


Aerin said...

I also became a follower (finally)!!!

jjhoutman said...

I blogged about it here:

I tried to add the "I Rock the Drop" icon to my site, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

I couldn't manage to become a follower, either.

I'm such a Luddite.

katie said...

I posted about it on my blog here:

I am already a follower. This is a great idea. You guys rock!

Megan said...

Blogged here

This is great.
I am now a follower.


katayoun said...

YAY for Op TBD!!! and i'm already a follower

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

First year to support this and I'm excited!

--A follower

--Spread the word here: http://justyourtypicalbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop.htm


Silvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvia said...

Wow, I just found about this, I'm really excited.

I've become a follower

I've post about it in my blog http://silviapisyabooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-tbd-contest.html


yabooknerd said...

am glad that it's back this year and that we can help to spread the word

Iryna said...

I'm a follower!

Good luck everyone!

Iris Black said...


There's my direct link. How do we go about directly donating books, or is that even possible?

Iris Black

Iris Black said...

O_0 Oh! I'm a follower too!

Iris Black

the epic rat said...

I posted about Operation TBD here which I love by the way!

And now I'm following :)

cecilia | cecpham(at)gmail.com

basma28 said...

thts a great project

Llehn said...

OOOOOOOO ... can't resist throwing my name into the hat for the drawing! Cool site by the way! Am definitely stalking this site!

Michelle Kuo said...

Operation TBD sounds awesome! And I'm excited about this contest :)
I posted here:

I also became a follower!

Diana Dang said...

I have linked it to my blog and is a follower: www.orientaldesires.blogspot.com

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I got my library to participate in TBD last year and I hope we can do it again this year. I posted the trailer on my blog and I'm a follower!:) (I'm also posting it on my library's teen blog)

Lisa said...

Blogged about TBD 3/17 after following a link to the press release yesterday (and I am totally confused as to why this 3/16 post shows up as brand new on my "blogs I follow" list, but oh well)!

Here's my post URL:


I didn't include the trailer on purpose; figured I'd do that down the road in a closer-to-the-date post.

Good luck continuing to get the word out!!

Nora said...

Yay! I follow and posted about TBD here: http://noraatnow.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop.html


Ann Diana Dinh, said...

Blogged about it on my site and I'm already a follower!


Blodeuedd said...

A great project and I hope you do well :)

NotNessie said...

This is a great project. Will definately be keeping an eye on you.

pinktooth2 said...

can't wait for tbd to come well i became a follower and i posted on my blog(brand new!)


Thao said...

This is great. Please enter me!

Laini Taylor said...

Awesome. I'm posting the video today. I have some bags of Cybils books I still hadn't decided where to redistribute :-)

Jen said...

I think that this is a great idea!

Polo.Pony said...

Operation TBD is great! Good luck with it, and I hope that it keeps growing!

I posted your post and the video on my book blog: http://booksforteensreviews.blogspot.com/

Plus, I am going to be a follower right now!

Thank you!

Taylor said...

Hi, I love readergirlz! It's such a cool way to connect with other readers.

I've just made a blog and have made sure! to blogg about it and I'm a follower now too!

Keep it up, readergirlz.

Setia Adi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Obat Kutil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.