rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Secret insider information for AI fans

Do you readergirlz remember our trailer from Teen Read Week last October?



The music was created by the very brilliant and talented Melissa Kaplan of Universal Hall Pass, who kindly gave us permission to feature her song.

Adam Lambert, on of the top 11 on this season's American Idol, just did a cover of her arrangement of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire! Check it out:



Catch the mp3 of Melissa's song here or on the UHP MySpace page.

We are so ahead of the curve, readergirlz!

Holly Cupala, author & rgz diva

9 comments:

Erin said...

YES! Yes yes yes! The minute he said the words "middle eastern version" to Randy Travis I knew what he was talking about and I yelled "readergirlz!" Heheh. :D I was pretty excited about that.

Melissa Walker said...

That is sooo cool! You are way cutting edge, Holly.

holly cupala said...

I love Melissa's music! I've been a fan ever since Splashdown, and now of Universal Hall Pass.

Elana Johnson said...

Sweet! I *heart* Adam Lambert!

Llehn said...

I'm with AI judge Kara. It took me a while to get used it to but I LOVED ADAM LAMBERT'S VERSION!!!!

Lesley

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Wowzars! What a different way of singing "Ring of Fire!" Neat!

readergirlz said...

I know! I'm like screaming, "That's our song; that's our song on rgz!" Woohoo! ~Lorie Ann

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.