rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

March: rgz LIVE! with Mary E. Pearson

Our March Feature
Hey rgz!

Welcome to rgz LIVE! with Mary E. Pearson. We are PSYCHED to hold this live chat/LOVEfest in her honor tonight.

We know everyone will be patient as we try out this new software. Feel free to let us know if you dig it or don't. No hurt feelings! Really. This is just a shot, and Mary is so kind to be flexible with us. It seems like the free technology just isn't quite the perfect match with what we want to do. Let's see what we can figure out together.

This will be more like a free flowing party than what we are used to at the MySpace group forum. Mary may catch a few questions as she sees them stream by. No pressure on anyone though. Just enjoy the moment as we celebrate The Adoration of Jenna Fox. Let the party begin!

~the rgz divas


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah dudes, once you end it, its done.

Cool though.

;}

Justina Chen said...

Love the new chat software!!!

Marie said...

awww! i missed it!!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Sorry about that, Silence!

But you won, Cupcake!!!

Erin said...

I had so much fun tonight!

Things I loved:
-the polls
-the way it felt much more like a book club DISCUSSION vs. a mere Q&A

The only thing I'm unsure about is how FAST it goes...it's really hard to keep up...any more people and I would've been completely overwhelmed...but I did like the software a lot, so.

holly cupala said...

It was fantastic! Loved the new format! So much more focused and fast.

holly cupala said...

HUGE thanks to Mary P for coming to talk with us and bearing with our trial run! We love you, Mary!

anilee said...

I'm with Erin that it was REALLY fast, but it did feel like a real chat, and I think it helps that you can post the questions at the bottom. But it was a lot of fun and a great discussion. :-)

Melissa Walker said...

I'm so sad I missed this!!!

Alex said...

That chat was so cool! It was great to see everyone's responses instantly instead of having to refresh a billion times.

Next semester I'm keeping my Thursday nights free.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! What great questions--and discussions! I liked the format too--even if it went fast! Sorry I missed some questions. But it was a lot of fun!

Janet Fox said...

That was a fantastic event - fast and furious and heard some great stuff and had the chance to chat with some wonderful writers - what could be more fun?

Thanks for making this happen!

Shelf Elf said...

Erin really summed up my feeling about the new software. I do think we had a lot of interaction happening - debates and discussion a bit more than with MySpace. The polls are a really great way to stimulate conversation. Love that.

If there were lots of people, I don't know how it would work. I think it is well worth trying to problem solve about that issue, since there was a lot of positive reponse to the change.

I'm open to trying it another time!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.