rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Rgz Street Team: Miss Erin Reviews Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

The rgz Street Team is a group of teens who bring YA reviews to our blog, led by Postergirl Miss Erin. Find out more.

Today, Miss Erin reviews Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle:

Let it Snow is a collection of three novellas, all taking place somewhere around the time of Christmas (Eve, day of, day after...). Each story is a romantic dramedy set in a little town in North Carolina. Characters from one story make cameos throughout the other stories, which provides a nice sense of interlacing and connection.

I wanted to actually read this during Christmas time, but it came in late for me at the library, and then I had to put it off because of Cybils reading. I'm glad I finally got around to it, though. It's a good winter read that is just as enjoyable now as it would've been during the holiday season.

To find out what Miss Erin liked best about the three stories, read the rest of her review here.

13 comments:

Little Willow said...

I really like interconnected stories, and I particularly enjoyed how, even if I hadn't read the bylines, I could tell exactly which author had written which story.

Little Willow said...

...continued...
I enjoy books by each of them, so it was a treat to get all three at once!

Mitzy said...

I read this book over Winter Break and thought it was really cute! I didn't even know it had intertwined stories when I went into reading it, so it was a nice surprise! Definitely a good read for by the fire =)

Marie said...

Wow- what a great author combo!

Jen said...

Love that book!

holly cupala said...

Oh, I've been wanting to read this book! Thanks for reviewing it, Miss Erin!

Melissa Walker said...

I need to read it too! I do own it, and I love all three authors!

Llehn said...

I've heard about the book and I also love interconnected stories. I will definitely be looking out for it on the shelves.

Lesley

Shelf Elf said...

This one's on my list for sure. I really enjoy interlinked stories. Sounds like a fun read.

JenFW said...

I especially liked how the three stories wove together, too. I'm curious how the three authors worked together to do that.

I'll be dropping this book in Anchorage, AK, on April 16!

Sadako said...

I also like interconnected stories--I'd really like to read this. Thanks for the heads up.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.