rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Biggest Teen Author Signing Ever, The Recap

This event at Books of Wonder was a ton of fun. And I got to meet our own postergirl Jackie Parker, who ruled and gave me a hug and let me snap this fangirl photo (actually, author Matthue Roth snapped it):


And then the lovely Mitali Dave took this group photo. Recognize anyone?


We obviously weren't sure which camera to look at. It was a rare paparazzi moment for us authors. Hope you all can be there next year!


18 comments:

Steph Bowe said...

That would have been a lot of fun. I don't recognise any of the authors, but I'll make a point of looking at the author photographs in the back of the books now!

Steph
http://heyteenager.blogspot.com

Llehn said...

How exciting! I'm sure you must have had your fan girl moments!!

Lesley

Erin said...

SO cool...wish I could've been there!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

This is going on next year? Does this happen every year and i'm slow or is it a new thing?

I NEED TO BE THERE NEXT TIME! lol

-Lauren

Lorie Ann Grover said...

How FANTASTIC! I wish I was there! Yay for Jackie!

Melissa Walker said...

Lauren, it's new, but David promised we'd do it again next year!

The Book Girl said...

lol I recognize the authors! This was so much fun :-D

Justina Chen said...

Yay for Melissa, Mitali, and Jackie for representing readergirlz!

Wish I could have been there!!

Jen said...

Look amazing!

Katie said...

I wish I could have been able to go to this signing but there was no way my parents would have allowed it. =[

Iris Black said...

Great photos- glad you had fun!

Iris
http://irisblack-author.blogspot.com

Genevieve said...

If I lived in NY I would have totally been there. It looks like SO much fun!

Shelf Elf said...

I wish I wish I wish I lived in NYC! Very envious :)

Girl A said...

What a fun day! I wish I'd introduced myself (but as people have said -- it's hard to recognize writers and bloggers on-sight!)

holly cupala said...

What a fun event! And so cool that Jackie got to be there! We look forward to all the info!

holly cupala said...

Melissa, can you tell us who is in the pic? I recognize some, but not all.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.