rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thank you, Mary E. Pearson!

Here's a big danke to the awesome Mary E. Pearson for joining us at readergirlz this month! Things we learned about Mary during our LIVE chat include:

1. She'd like to write a screenplay one day, but she didn't write one for The Adoration of Jenna Fox--Dana Stevens is writing that one!
2. Mary's favorite writing spot is outdoors.
3. She's working on two books right now (HOORAY!).

We had so much fun with all our new formats this month! Thanks for being adventurous, Mary!

PS-Breaking News: Mary's next book, coming in September, is titled THE MILES BETWEEN. Mary says, "It is about Destiny Faraday and three classmates who take off on an unauthorized road trip in search of one fair day. They all have secrets but Destiny's secret is one that she fears will bring the whole day to a horrible end. It is a larger than life type of story about chance and coincidence and how it weaves unexectedly into our lives. It is a VERY different story from JENNA!"

We're psyched!

14 comments:

Silvia said...

I am definitely buying "The miles between". I've read about that book and I'd love to read it.

Melissa Walker said...

Me too, Silvia! How great does it sound?

Shelly B said...

The Miles Between looks great! I"m going to order Jenna right now w/my Amazon GC. Thanks for a month of great posts!

Marie said...

I love road-trip books! Ever since On The Road I always take a look at this genre:)

Little Willow said...

Once again, I thank the readergirlz divas for taking me up on my recommendation of The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I am so pleased that we shone the spotlight on Jenna and on Mary this month.

The Miles Between is very good. I won't say more until I post my full review of it at Bildungsroman, so keep your eyes peeled over there. :)

Mitzy said...

I have heard so much about this book, I really need to read it!!

Molz614 said...

Books sounds awesome and I will for sure buy it when it comes out! woohooo!

Anonymous said...

i would like to read it

Alex said...

Sounds great! And that cover is stunning

Vivian Mahoney said...

Thank you, Mary, for a great month of exploring your book! Wishing you all the best.

Erika Powell said...

I really want to read The Miles Between and I am in love with the cover.

holly cupala said...

Thank you so much, Mary! I'm excited to read what you write next.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.