rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, March 2, 2009

March: Postergirlz recommended reads!


Thanks, postergirlz! This is an awesome collection. Aren't they great picks for The Adoration of Jenna Fox?

Fiction

Undercover by Beth Kephart
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Non-Fiction
Not Quite What I was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure
Walden by Henry David Thoreau

Leave your comments for these authors as well. They may just drop in. Well, the ones still with us. :~) And they are being invited to rgz LIVE! this month. (Most likely still at the rgz MySpace group forum.) Woohoo!

~the rgz divas

13 comments:

Little Willow said...

If Mary Shelley were to hang out at our local haunt, I fear I may monopolize the conversation.

Beth Kephart said...

My goodness, Little Willow. What would you ask her? And what would you imagine her saying?

And what do you imagine Mr. Thoreau would want to say (if only you would give him room to say it)?

Thank you, all, for the privilege of being part of that electronic haunt this month.

Melissa Walker said...

Awesome slideshow! I love the picks for March.

Justina Chen said...

Great slideshow!! I'm so thrilled about this month's recommended reads. Undercover, I love Undercover.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you, postergirlz! This is a rocking list!

Beth, would you share the genesis for Undercover?

Lorie Ann Grover said...

And everyone knows Miss Erin is in the Six-Word Memoirs, right?

Kristin Cashore said...

Oh my goodness! What fun to see my book in a maze-slideshow-Rubik's cube thingamagig!

I have a feeling this is the last time I'll ever be on a list with Mary Shelley and Henry David Thoreau.

Thanks so much for including me! Now I have some great new titles for my own TBR list! :o)

Little Willow said...

Go, Miss Erin! I'm so happy for her. Erin, I believe you've been in print before, but is this the first time you've been published in something this widely released?

Hi Kristin! Glad to see you here! I think Shelley would make an excellent readergirl, and Thoreau, a readerboy. ;-)

Unknown said...

hmm I haven't heard of some of those.

I really loved frankenstein and Gabrielle Zevin's Elsewhere.

I shall have to check those others out.
Not quit what I was planning sounds really good, even if it is non-fiction which I don't really read.

Silvia said...

I really want to read
Undercover by Beth Kephart
and
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

nice slideshow

bj neary said...

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is a really great read. This is a Reading Olympic book (Montgomery County, PA) and every student loves it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.