rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Diva Melissa in Glamour!

How fun is this interview with rgz diva Melissa and the amazing Anne in Glamour.com? Here's an excerpt from "Blogging Babes:"

"TGBD: If you guys could go back and tell your younger selves something about hair or makeup, what would it be?
Anne: I would tell myself not to get mad at my mom when she wouldn’t let me get a perm in the 5th grade.

Melissa: I would tell myself to have more fun. I mean, I'm not really able to pull off a fully rainbowed eyeshadow look right now, but at 17 it would have be awesome. I wasn't brave enough."

Yay for iheartdaily and these two true beauties!

0324-iheartdaily_bd.jpg

~Lorie Ann

12 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out, LA! Obviously, Anne and I are NOT beauty mavens, but we do have fun.

holly cupala said...

Hooray, Melissa! You could pull off rainbow eye shadow - why not?? You and Anne are true beauties on many levels.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Fun! I have never thought of rainbow eye shadow before...

Marie said...

I try to pull off rainbow eyeshadow every day... Maybe my teenage self needs to tell the adult-me to cut it out! Hahah!

Unknown said...

Oh, I think we could all pull off the rainbow eyeshadow at any age as long as we have company - How about a rainbow-eyeshadow party? :)

Marie said...

I'm down for that, epic rat!

Melissa Walker said...

Me too! Rgz rainbow eyeshadow party!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

That is so awesome! And I wish I was more brave to just have fun with things sometimes..

-Lauren

Justina Chen said...

YAY for Melissa!!!!!

Shelly B said...

Congrats Melissa on your interview!

Molz614 said...

Hahah rainbow eye shadow is awesome. I pulled that off for the Prop 8 protest in Seattle, a one time event!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.