rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, March 23, 2009

TBD Contest: Week 2

Dear readergirlz, the time has come for a contest! Actually, it's the second week of five weeks of contests!

The winner of last week's contest is... Polo Pony! Send your address to readergirlz AT gmail DOT com and we'll get your pack of books out to you!

Here's the deal: each week from now until Support Teen Literature Day on April 16th, we'll be awarding *a package of books* to one winner. To enter, you just comment on our blog posts (comments on older posts count - a point for each comment!) and get an extra ten points for taking up the week's challenge. Get ten more any time by becoming one of our blog followers!

Report your post in the comments with the URL (and get eleven points!). We'll keep track of the comments and urls and award the winners each week. Books! Prizes! And you'll be supporting teen lit and hospitalized teens across the country.

This week's challenge: Post the press release on your blog (here it is on ours!). Spread the word about Operation TBD!

And if you haven't posted the Operation TBD trailer on your blog, do that for more points and let us know!


26 comments:

Llehn said...

Congrats, Polo Pony!

Lesley
lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

susan said...

Congrats, Polo Pony!

There is a link in my sidebar from last week and I posted the trailer as well. Do we need to repost the trailer for points this week?

Do you we need to post url for each comment we make?

Thanks,

Melissa Walker said...

No URLs necessary for comments, just for where you post this week's challenge, so leave a URL in the comments if you're posting the Press Release. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very nice press release! Posted!

Are we only supposed to mention once if we became a follower? My kidlings are on Spring Break this week and my brain has decided to go on holiday, too. *sigh*

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Congrats!

Fun stuff though, I'm already a follower. :)

-Lauren

Janet Fox said...

Hey, Girlz! I'm about to post on RTD and you press release, and I follow you where-ever.

cheers - Janet

KR said...

I'd love to win.

I'm already a follower.

Unknown said...

I'm already a follower and I posted about TBD. :D Soo cool and soo nice to donate all those books to those who need them.

Briana said...

This is cool. I tried to become a follower and it keeps giving me an error message when I click the link :(

Erika Powell said...

i posted the press release
http://kissmybook.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop-press-release.html

and I am already a follower!

Anonymous said...

I followed under the name Melissa. :D I just saw the video and *love* it. This maybe a stupid question can I ask the song in the video? I *really* like it. :D

Melissa Walker said...

Thanks, everyone! millymarie, here's some background info on the trailer's music: http://readergirlz.blogspot.com/2009/02/behind-scenes-operation-tbd-trailer.html

Genevieve said...

Congrats to Polo Pony!

I'm still a follower and I posted the Operation TBD press release on my blog:
http://caprubia.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop-press-release.html

caprubia(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

oops I forgot the url I thought I commented with it oh well here it is:

http://tvandbookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/03/teen-book-drop.html

donnas said...

Im a follower and I posted the press release here http://donnasbloghome.blogspot.com/

JenFW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JenFW said...

All right, let's see if I can do this right...

The TBD press release posts tomorrow on the Stitching for Literacy blog.

Katie said...

Congrats to last weeks winner!

There is a link here for the press release.
http://katiesbookblog-katie.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop-press-release.html

I am already a follower!

katieb206@gmail.com

Michelle Kuo said...

Congrats to Polo Pony!

I linked to the press prelease here: http://flyingsolooooo.blogspot.com/2009/03/operation-teen-book-drop-tbd-09-press.html

I'm also already a follower :)

michelle.kuool(at)yahoo(dot)com

Shelly B said...

Okay, so I missed posting last week, but I'm in this week with both the press release and the video trailer here.

Shelly B said...

I am a follower!

shelcows AT gmail DOT com

holly cupala said...

Keep on posting, readergirlz! It's neck and neck this week! We have some great book prizes to give away!

Tiffany Alice Book said...

Thanks for the contest!
I posted the press release here:
bookandawholelotmore.blogspot.com

Tiffany Alice Book said...

I'm a follower too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.