rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Story Secrets: SEA by Heidi Kling

Do you know what a sweetheart Heidi Kling, debut author of SEA (launching today!), is? I'm here to tell you she is that, and more. I just met her at the very amazing Teen Author Carnival in NYC, and she is every bit as nice as you would expect. (Pic: me, Heidi, Sarah Ockler, and Kieran Scott)

Heidi and I are meeting up at ALA in Washington, DC at the end of this month to sign our debut books - PLUS she's here today to spill some secrets about SEA...

So without further ado, I present Heidi!


*****


SEA is a romantic adventure about hope after tragedy set in post-tsunami Indonesia.

I spent years in Indonesia, a place I'd never been. Also, did a lot of soul searching --how would my family react if I suddenly went missing--how would I react to this situation if I was 15--it was incredible spending time with these characters. I love them like they are my own family now.

Holly Cupala: I love to hear the stories behind the story. How did SEA hit you?

Heidi Kling: The long story is on my website, but I was inspired by my husband's real life volunteer efforts...

Read the rest of Heidi's story here...

7 comments:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

You girls are SO CUTE!!! Congrats!!!

Lacey J Edwards said...

Heidi is a doll. Can't wait to read SEA.

Unknown said...

They are really great .
Some new style Puma Cat shoes is

in fashion this year.
The Nike Air Shoes is a best Air Shoes .
Red Shox is good and Cheap Nike Shoes.
If you are a fans of Puma basket,we

would offer the good and Cheap Puma

Shoes
for you .the nike shox

torch
is best christmas gift now.
Running Shoes
Nike Shox R4
Nike Air Force Ones
Speed Cat
JORDAN 2010

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.