rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Author in Residence Lisa Ann Sandell: Art as Inspiration







Our third awesome Author in Residence, Lisa Ann Sandell, is a deeply insightful writer who will be on the rgz team through August! Check out her mini-issue at the rgz website.

Throughout her visit, she will be posting at the readergirlz blog (watch her first vlog, about writing inspirations, here).

Here is the second of Lisa's vlog entries about writing, in which she shows us some inspirational art and what each piece means to her:



Lisa asks, "What is some of your favorite artwork?"



9 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

This is such a cool AIR post. I love it! Thanks, Lisa.

Kathe Kollwitz is my absolute fav. She inspires me to create substance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathe_Kollwitz

Melissa Walker said...

I could listen to Lisa talk art All. Day. Long.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little Willow said...

Your passion for art is inspiring!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Loved this, Lisa! And I LOVE your choices! Makes me want to run out and get the prints, too.

Micol Ostow said...

Some of my favorite artwork is the post-modern, conceptual stuff at Dia: Beacon.
http://www.diabeacon.org/

The grounds are beautiful - a wonderful day trip from the city - and I love that the installments are interactive and thought-provoking, not so much about aesthetics. I like things that are pretty, but I *really* like pieces that make me curious, or evoke a more gut reaction, too.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

So cool, Micol. I popped over. Thanks for sharing. Very different from Lisa's inspirations. Yay for everyone being different!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.