rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

June: PAPER TOWNS, Music That Inspires












John asks, "Radar says, 'Coltrane's playing is literally the most convincing proof of God's existence I've ever come across' (p. 112). What music would be this important to you?"

7 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

Well, considering I don't believe in God...
I mostly listen to wizard rock and other nerdy music, but none of that's that important to me. I love the sort of music you hear played at Ren-faires, and I guess some of that would be the closest.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Man, this is a tall order. I heard Josh Groban live and that pretty much to me was proof. The sound was one of the most beautiful I've ever heard.

Thanks for weighing in anyway, Elfarmy17!

Shelby Ostergaard said...

Um this one is tough. I guess not really one specific song or artist or band is proof to me, but more when the song you are listening to you just matches perfectly. Like, when you are driving with the windows down and a song that makes all three of your friends happy comes on, or you are upset and turn on your iPod and the song is just exactly what you are feeling.

Erin said...

The Killers. :)

Erin said...

(And live U2!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.