rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Teen Author Carnival in NYC THURSDAY May 28th!

Some very Awesome YA fans, those of the aptly named Five Awesome YA Fans ning, have put together quite a carnival of teen authors. So if you're in NYC this Thursday from 4-6pm, stop by the Jefferson Market Branch of the NY Public Library ( 425 Avenue of the Americas) and party with us! Who's on the guest list? See below. I can't tell you what the categories mean... I haven't found out myself (Though I'm glad to be a Caramel Apple). What I can tell you is this: It's going to be F-U-N. Come!


COTTON CANDY
Maureen Johnson
Robin Wasserman
Melissa Anelli
Carolyn MacCullough
Brian Sloan
Michelle Zink
Emma McLaughlin
Nicola Wheir
Beckie Weinheimer
Lauren Barnholdt
Robyn Schneider
Jennifer Lynn Barnes

CARAMEL APPLE
Libba Bray
Jenny Han
Sarah MacLean
Melissa Walker
Sasha Watson
Pam Bachorz
Greg Neri
David Ostow
Micol Ostow
Sarah Cross
Tish Cohen
Jessica Burkhart

TEAM FUNNEL CAKE

Cassie Clare
PG .Kain
David Levithan
Taylor Morris
Linda Gerber
Elizabeth Scott
Claudia Gray
Cinda Chima
Michel Northrop
Aimee Friedman
Susane Colosonti
Coe Booth

12 comments:

Silvia said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!
Hope I could go...

Have a great time^^

CubanDiva said...

Makes me wish I lived in NYC! You all get the best activities there!

Anonymous said...

One of the many reasons I hope to move to NYC soon. *sighs* Sounds like such fun. Now I'm also craving funnel cakes which are my favs.

Shelf Elf said...

I should live in NYC.

I belong in NYC.

I would join team funnel cake.

Beth Kephart said...

Boy, does this sound rocking.

Melissa Walker said...

Our Cupcake Witch will be there, I know! Wish you could all come!

Little Willow said...

Have fun!

holly cupala said...

Fantastic! I wish I could be there!

Jeffrey B. Allen said...

I just sent in my application to attend as an author. I hope I will be asked to attend because it sounds like a great time and a good way to get my book into the hands of young adults.

Jeffrey B. Allen
I will be signing my book at the New York Book Expo in my publisher's booth. That was one of your questions on the registration form so I wasn't sure if that information was conveyed.

Thanks

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.