rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May: postergirlz recommended reads

Thanks to our postergirlz for these recommended reads to accompany Laura Resau's Red Glass! What have you read? What will you pick up?



Fiction

Emily Goldberg Learns to Salsa by Micol Ostow
Cuba 15 by Nancy Osa
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Surrender Tree by Margarita Engle
Estrella's Quinceañera by Malin Alegria
Sofi Mendoza's Guide to Getting Lost in Mexico by Malin Alegria

Non-Fiction
Red Hot Salsa: Bilingual Poems on Being Young and Latino in the United States edited by Lori Marie Carlson


9 comments:

susan said...

I just read and reviewed Down To The Bone by Mayra Lazara Dole. And today, I surprised to get a comment from her. I've never communicated with her so it was very cool to hear from her.

susan said...

Cuba 15 has been on tbr pile for a while.

Little Willow said...

Many thanks, as always, to my awesome fellow postergirlz for selecting additional books! From this month's rec reads, I've already read Emily Goldberg Learns to Salsa (go Micol!), Estrella's Quinceanera (much fun), The Little Prince, and The Surrender Tree.

Melissa Walker said...

I am so excited to read these! I'm loving all the Little Prince refs in RED GLASS, which make me want to dive into that one again very soon!

Micol Ostow said...

I'm so excited to be included in this round-up! I read Cuba 15 a few years back and really enjoyed it!

Shelf Elf said...

I loved Cuba 15... can't wait to read some of the others too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.