rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mourning for ADAM!

WHAT? Are you kidding me. Bring it on, rgz. ADAM is my American Idol. Period. Exclamation point! What in the world happened? I called for 1 1/2 hours last night!

Diva Lorie Ann is having a very sad moment here, peeps. Here's to Adam. My American Idol.

http://americanidol8contestants.mangacite.com/files/2009/02/adamlambert.jpg




My website

9 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

I was Team Adam too! Sigh.

Tashya said...

I chose Adam the second I saw him try out in SF. That very week, I e-mailed my art team and said we needed him or someone like him to pose for the cover of one of our first HQ Teen books, INTERTWINED (and whle of course we couldn't get him, the model is great!). But you know what? He'll probably get an album out sooner with much better songs than the usual AI first-album cheesy stuff, so coming in 2nd could be a very good thing! Here's hoping. Anyone who sings Mad World--and so phenomenally--wins my heart. And my vote. --Natashya Wilson

Ellen Hopkins said...

IMHO, Adam will definitely have the bigger career. Kris will never play stadiums. Adam will. What I found really sad was the negative commentary about "how he looked." Even Secrest (who obviously played favorites) kept up the "guyliner" taunts. I would hope in this day and age things like sexuality (perceived or otherwise) wouldn't play a role in America's vote. Sadly, I'm not so sure.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Here's to his first CD release!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Ohhh Adam songs. Thanks! I was sad he didn't win too...I just posted about it on my News & Things post but I think not winning is often better sometimes...you have more of a choice in things, since now Kris will be the one being toted around and having to do all the AI type things every winner is forced into if you will. haha

I'm so ready for an album by Adam though. I hope it's awesome!


-Lauren

Silence is Golden, But Ducktape is Silver said...

I KNOW LORI! I KNOW! I was so mad! He's was the much better singer! You should she my mini rant on my facebook status!

My consolation prize at least was the Kris had a hard time singing that song... Adam could sing it way better!

But you're right, he's gonna make a great album.

I mean come on, the guy sang Mad World! Mad World I tell you. When I heard him start to sing it, I offically adopted him into my music fandom.

;}

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.