rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Family: Melissa Walker

What does "family" mean to you?
Family includes the people who will drop everything when you need them -- and the ones who recognize when you really need them (even if you say you don't).

Who do you consider to be the members of your family?
Blood is definitely important - I would call on anyone in my traditional family, and I know they would answer. I also am lucky enough to have some friends - both lifelong and more recent - whom I know would do the same.

- Melissa Walker

Follow the series of family posts.

5 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

My family are the people I can be myself around, even if I'm in a terrible mood, and know they'll still be there for me when I'm in an even worse mood. In other words, the people who love me no matter what.

Little Willow said...

Hi Wendy! Let me know if you'd like me to post your answer. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.