rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gracias, Laura Resau!



Here's a big gracias to the awesome Laura Resau for joining us at readergirlz this month! Red Glass touched us in so many ways, and I'd like to quote from the book a little. This is a message we can carry into our days, weeks and years:

"I felt taller, as if my whole life, I'd let fear cram me into a small box, a space so tiny I was always curled over, my shoulders hunched, my back bent. That box had seemed too strong to break through, so I hadn't tried before. But maybe, all along, the box was just flimsy cardboard, and all I had to do was stand up, punch through the top, and climb out." (p. 203)

Having Laura here this month has been inspiring. Thank you, Laura, for hanging out with readergirlz!!


10 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thank you for this quote, Melissa! It's my favorite of Red Glass.

And thank you, Laura! I've had so much fun getting to know you this month. I will always imagine you tip tap typing away in your little trailer.

Here's to many good words flowing through your hands. Always know you are welcome here! xox

Shelf Elf said...

Thank you Laura. I'm so glad that readergirlz featured your title this month, because it was one of the highlights in all of my reading so far this year. Your story will stay with me, and it will be reread in the years ahead.

All the best and keep those stories coming!

Kerry

Little Willow said...

That is a great quote.

Thank you, Laura, for sharing your time and your book with us!

Silence is Golden, But Ducktape is Silver said...

Agree with Lori and LW, great quote and a great book!

Thanks Laura its been a pleasure!!!

;}

Erin said...

I love that quote. And thanks so much to Laura for visiting us this month!

Laura Resau said...

Thank you, divas, and everyone else who joined in this month! I had a great time getting to know you all through your comments and your own blogs... what an amazing bunch of writers and readers you are! I've been honored to be in your midst this month.

I'm excited about Sweethearts next month-- I love that book! I'll definitely be popping in again to join in the fun with the other books you have planned for this year.

The more I've gotten to know readergirlz, the more I realize how incredibly lucky the world of teen girl books is to have you! Thank you for all you do!

holly cupala said...

Thank you, Laura! We've so enjoyed having you and look forward to you popping in to chat books!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.