rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Diva Delight: Anis Mojgani, "Shake the Dust"

Anis Mojgani, the two time National Poetry Slam Champion, recently performed "Shake the Dust." I totally had to share it with rgz. Enjoy!



My website

5 comments:

April (BooksandWine) said...

Awesome. I'm not digging the beard. I met him at a poetry slam in my hometown in NY and he's really awesome live. I think I gushed to him over his poetry like a fangirl. (This was probs 2 years ago).

Readergirlz rocks for posting such a cool video.

Another great slammer is Buddy Wakefield. OH MY GOD. So awesome. And Taylor Mali.

Liz Gallagher said...

Did you know that Seattle slam poet Karen Finneyfrock (http://finneyfrock.wordpress.com/)recently sold her first YA novel? I can NOT wait for it! Karen is an awesome writer and a super-cool lady!

readergirlz said...

Thanks for the tips, April and Liz!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.