rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, August 27, 2010

August: Would You Give a Second Chance?













Holly says, "How did you feel about the ending? Do you think you would have given Kamran a second chance?"

Follow up: Have you ever given someone a second chance?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is about a second chance for Kamran, I think Miranda realized that she liked him for the wrong reasons. Maybe they will become interested in each other again after they really get to know each other.

Melissa Walker said...

Second chances are generous but tricky. I've done it, but I liked the way this one ended...

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I agree, Melissa. Those first responses are often the best.

holly cupala said...

Libraryunderworld, I agree. That's what I was hoping to get to. :) Thanks, Melissa!

When I first started writing tmas, I thought Kamran was going to be the deadbeat boyfriend who split at the first sign of problems...but then as I was getting to know him, I knew he wasn't that kind of guy. But he could be in denial and go for some serious distraction to support it so that he could continue with his goals. I hope that made him more real, but also understandable as a character. Forgiveness is a significant value for me, but sometimes it's very hard!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.