rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, August 23, 2010

August: Friends in Unlikely Places













Holly says, "When Miranda finds support, it's not at all who she expected. Have you ever found friends in unlikely places?"



4 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Yes! You never know who you will meet around the next corner. Whether in life or on the internet.

I find it so encouraging that often in a crisis, you look up and find help you never expected. For that, I am thankful.

holly cupala said...

I completely agree, Lorie Ann! I think there must be a kind of synchronicity in life that way. Whenever I have found myself in need of a friend, one always seems to appear, and very often not the one I expect.

One of the fun things about writing that book was making the discovery of who would be a true friend, and letting Miranda figure it out for herself.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.