rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, October 23, 2009

TRW Tribute: Beth Kephart 3:45

http://www.melissacwalker.com/blog/NothingButGhosts%20HC%20c.jpg

Something happens to me when I read a good book. The same thing, I imagine, that happens to you. My senses get jumbled, so that I start hearing with my eyes. My heart flips to the outside of my skin. Silence takes on a pleasant, gauzy weight, and I forget who I am, and I forget where I am, and I forget whatever seemed so tedious and troublesome, pre-book. When I’m reading, I take the quietest, shallowest, most precautionary breaths. I shadow the characters and stand on their landscapes. I wait in the wind for their resurrections.



Beth Kephart


6 comments:

Little Willow said...

Escapism.

holly cupala said...

A very compelling trailer for an excellent novel!

Melissa Walker said...

I'm about to go into my gauzy, silent reading time! I love that word!

Beth Kephart said...

I am honored to be here among all of you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.