rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, July 16, 2010

July: Who can you trust?













Ally asks, "Do you ever feel like you're not sure who you can trust? Can you understand how Cammie would feel that way?"



7 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Sometimes when I start working in a new place, I'm a little wary of talking to people openly. Office politics (like high school politics) can be tricky. But I try to seek out the trustworthy people first thing.

Little Willow said...

I trust my gut. I trust my instincts. If I think that someone or something isn't...good, I get out of there. If I have friends or family members with me, I get them out of there, too. Immediately.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

This is one of the really great things about the book--Cammie trusts Mr. Solomon. But she also trusts others around her who say otherwise. So ultimately, she has to trust in herself. It makes for such good reading, doesn't it?

Cat said...

Sometimes, I dont know if I can trust a lot of my friends- teenage girls dont always keep secrets. I dont trust other people, especially people I dont know. Usually I just go with what my instincts are telling me, because so far my instincts have been my best bet.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

In some ways I'm super slow to trust, and in others I just go for it. I, too, rely on my instincts and observations.

Cammie I definitely understand.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.