rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Guest Blog by Featured Author Ally Carter!


Hello, Readergirlz!

Thanks so much for having me! I’m such a huge fan of the site, the books, and of course the Readergirlz themselves that it’s an absolute honor to be here.

I’m very excited to be sharing the launch of Only the Good Spy Young with all of you. As those of you who are up-to-date with the series already know, Cammie Morgan has found herself in quite a predicament, and I’m just as anxious as all of you to find out if she and the Gallagher Girls are going to find a way out of this one!

Overall, the fourth Gallagher Girls book wasn’t the hardest one to write (that honor goes to Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy), but it was full of its own kind of challenges: who can Cammie trust? What can she do? How can she go about her junior year in a way that is both safe and smart without being a wallflower, standing on the sidelines of her own life?

From the beginning, I knew this was going to be a “big” book in terms of what Cammie learns, how she grows, and what has to happen next. I sincerely hope you’re as excited to read what happens next as I was to write it.

Thanks again so much for having me, and happy reading!
Ally

8 comments:

Little Willow said...

Welcome to readergirlz, Ally! Glad to have you here. :)

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I love how those questions apply to life in general--even for people who aren't, say, spies.

Ally Carter said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm really happy to be here. And, yeah, I totally feel like a chameleon--one person with my friends, one with my family, one with other writers, one with old friends from school.

Or maybe that just makes me crazy!

Shelf Elf said...

So happy you're here Ally! Lucky us, getting to talk Gallagher all month long!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

So cool to have you here, Ally. And I LOVE that you guest blogged. It's lovely to hear your voice. :~)

Melissa Walker said...

So cool to have a guest blog, Ally! Thank you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.