rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cover Stories: Dark Flame by Alyson Noel

darkflamefinal.jpg
Alyson Noel's latest Immortals book, Dark Flame, is finally here! She's back to tell the Cover Story (read Cover Stories for Evermore and Blue Moon.)

Here's Alyson:

"Once again, I didn't have a cover concept in mind while writing Dark Flame, but since it's the fourth book in the series, I knew I'd be expected to provide some. So while I was writing, I was definitely on the lookout for various symbols they might be able to use, then my editor and I brainstormed a few additional ideas, which pretty much resulted in a long list of themes and symbols the art department miraculously translated into an actual cover. I feel really lucky to work with such an amazing art department--The Immortals series won first place in the "Best Children's Trade Paperback" category at the New York Book show--so I know I'm in some truly gifted hands!


"The first version I saw was a photo-shopped mock up that used a different girl for Haven--a sort of stock photo stand in if you will..."

Read the rest of Alyson's Cover Story, and see the original Haven, at melissacwalker.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.