rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July: Things to Know About Featured Author Ally Carter


Favorite drink while you write: If I'm being good, water. If I'm being sorta good, iced tea with honey. If I'm being bad, Coke or Diet Coke.

Favorite library: Chanute Public Library, Chanute, KS

Place to write: For first drafts, probably a nice, quiet café. For rewrites, the office in my house.

Cure for writer's block: Napping. Or a matinee movie with excellent popcorn.

Author idol: A cross between Janet Evanovich, Rick Riordan, and Daniel Silva (and, yes, that is as weird as it sounds)

Other YA Novels:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
Only the Good Spy Young
Heist Society

Next up: Heist Society 2 (title and release date TBD)

Bonus: Check out gallaghergirls.com, which includes a video interview with Ally! And read more about Ally in this month's issue of readergirlz.



10 comments:

Red Boot Pearl said...

can't wait for Heist 2 :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have Heist Society - I just have yet to read it :)

Melissa Walker said...

I think Ally and I would be great friends! (Dreams)

Ally Carter said...

Oh, Melissa, that's TOO sweet. (and I think we are friends...or as much so as people who have never...you know...met, can be!0

Heist 2 is shaping up to be a fun (even if convoluted) book to write. So many hi jinks! So little time.

Ally

Melissa Walker said...

I am way excited that you said that, Ally. But I'll try not to stalk you if we're ever in the same building.

And I'm loving HEIST SOCIETY! About to head to bed with it right now! So excited that you're at work on #2!

TeslaGirl said...

YAY!!! Can't wait for Heist 2! I was at one of your book signings for Heist Society Ally, and as soon as I got home I started reading it! And parents had to force me to turn of the light and go to bed because I wouldn't stop reading it! :D

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ally is so sweet and friendly. Yep.

Cat said...

I can't wait for Heist Society 2!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.