rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hope: Elizabeth Scott

What's your definition of hope?

Something we all want, and something that can be hard to find and hold on to. It's joyful possibility, and when it comes it may only be for a moment -- but sometimes, a moment is all you need.

What makes you hopeful?

When people believe in themselves. Love. The stars on a clear night, when it looks like you can see forever.

- Elizabeth Scott

View all posts labeled with hope.

Check out Melissa's Cover Stories post about Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.

You may read my full-length interview with Elizabeth as well as my reviews of her fantastic books at my blog Bildungsroman.

12 comments:

Marie said...

what a great quote from ms. scott!
i think all the "unknowns" make me hopeful... if you never know what is going to happen next well, it just might be something good!

Silvia said...

Nice interview.
I totally agree with Elizabeth's definition for Hope.
Hope is something all of us need to continue fighting on our day by day and it might be a moment, but this moment means a lot to us.

Little Willow said...

Silvia: Well said. Moments matter.

cupcakewitch: Agreed! Thanks also for your comment/luck-wish yesterday!

Melissa Walker said...

yay, elizabeth! when people believe in themselves--YES.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Thanks for the neat quote on hope!

I just read the cover story, and how interesting! I think its neat how it came about, and I love the cover!

Jen said...

I think that possibility is hope, just the though that there is a possibility and that there are so many of them.

Paradox said...

I think hope is like a spark, because once there is a spark in our sight, we know that it can become a fire. A possibility of good to come.

Llehn said...

Very eloquently put, Ms Scott!

Lesley

holly cupala said...

I love that. What a terrific series, Little Willow. You are a hope-filled gal if I ever met one.

Little Willow said...

Thanks, Holly. Right now, right as I read your comment, I am holding on to a specific hope - so thank you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.