rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

TBD '09 Post-Op Party!

Operation TBD

To celebrate Support Teen Literature Day, join the TBD '09 Post-Op Party, rgz! Tell us how you rocked the drop! Do you have a photo of your book left in your community to upload into the chat? Or do you just want to hang out and share how you heart YA lit?

YALSA, GuysLitWire, and rgz just finished dropping 8,000 publisher-donated books into the hands of hospitalized teens across the country. We are ready to partaaaay!

The chat box will go live at 6PM PST/9PM EST...

11 comments:

Erin said...

Melissa--I am so Team Jacob, too. :)

Great chat, everyone! TBD rocks!

Justina Chen said...

That was so much fun, everyone! Thanks for rocking the drop 2009.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks to every rgz, blogger, publisher, and author for joining us tonight! Lorie Ann

Melissa Walker said...

I'm out of breath (is that weird?), but that was so much fun!

Paradox said...

Sorry I didn't join the chat... I fell asleep earlier. But I dropped two paperbacks today. I just hope it doesn't rain before someone gets the book that was out on a bench in front of the local library.

I just looked over the chat and I saw my nickname. Someone said something about me winning something. ???

Beth Kephart said...

I had a TOTALLY great time rocking the drop. Returning to my middle school (which is now an entirely brand new school), leaving three books propped up along the bus line, listening to my husband ask me (at least six times): Are you crazy?

Wondering now if the books have gone home in the hands of a girl who may someday wish to write, or to tell her story.

Hoping so.

Little Willow said...

The chat was so much fun. Thanks to all who attended the party!

Marie said...

i can not believe i missed this! i *just* got my Internet back up!!

Paradox said...

Who won the week 5 contest?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.