rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hope: Lorie Ann Grover

I always sign my copies of Loose Threads with a line from the book: "There's hope. Look." It's a truth that I hold most dear. I do rest in sovereignty and believe in providence. Those beliefs maintain hope in my heart and mind no matter how dire the circumstances. I've lived through dark experiences, yet there's always light deep within. I may not see it in the moment, but my work is to keep looking for it and grasping through the shadows.

I think of my novels as whispers into the ears of readers. "There's hope. Look."

- Lorie Ann Grover

Lorie Ann Grover's Hope


View all posts labeled with hope.

14 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

What a lovely signature! I must have it in my copy of On Pointe. One day!

KR said...

How beautiful and fitting this Easter morning.

Diana Dang said...

Totally agree with MJ.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. May I use it as my signature on my email?

There's hope. Look by Lorie Ann Grover

So simple and profound. I absolutely love it.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! Absolutely, spread the hope!

Little Willow said...

There's always hope, I agree.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

How neat! I really want to read "On Pointe!" It looks great! Thanks for the nice post on Easter!

Llehn said...

That's a great line.

Lesley

Shelf Elf said...

Lorie Ann - you're so right that sometimes it's just a matter of looking. It's there, but we have to notice it.

Georgia said...

I love this!

Thank you :)

Paradox said...

That's beautiful! It reminds me of my favorite saying, the one that says that it's always darkest before the dawn.

holly cupala said...

Beautiful, Lorie Ann. I love it. To me, you are the picture of hope.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.