rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, April 13, 2009

TBD Contest: Week 5

Dear readergirlz, the time has come for the fifth and final week of five weeks of contests!

The winner of last week's contest is... shelburns! Send your address to readergirlz AT gmail DOT com and we'll get your pack of books out to you, S!

Here's the deal: each week from now until Support Teen Literature Day on April 16th, we'll be awarding *a package of books* to one winner. To enter, you just comment on our blog posts (comments on older posts count - a point for each comment!) and get an extra ten points for taking up the week's challenge. Get ten more any time by becoming one of our blog followers!

Report your post in the comments with the URL where you fulfilled the week's challenge (and get eleven points!). We'll keep track of the comments and urls and award the winners each week. Books! Prizes! And you'll be supporting teen lit and hospitalized teens across the country.

This week's challenge: Comment all week, then drop a book on Support Teen Lit Day, April 16th (email us a photo of your drop to readergirlz AT gmail DOT com, and we'll feature you on the blog!) and come join us at the TBD Post-Op party here on readergirlz on April 16th at 6pm PST/9pm EST!

And if you haven't posted the Rock the Drop Bug, the Operation TBD trailer, the press release or how you plan to rock the drop on your blog, do that for more points and let us know!

*PS-This week's grand prize is extra big--more books, more swag, more fun!*


14 comments:

Iryna said...

Congratulations Shelburns! I hope you enjoy the bookd!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Congrats, Shelburns!

Can't wait to see how the day goes for everyone on Thursday! Wahoo to Operation Teen Book Drop!!

Llehn said...

Power to Teen Lit Day!!! Yay to all participants!!

Lesley

Melissa Walker said...

Can't wait to see what/where everyone drops!

Christine said...

I love this Book Drop Idea!

Shelly B said...

WOW, I'm so psyched!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait until the 16th.

JenFW said...

Congrats, Shelburns! Nice to see you here.

Living in a very rural location, I wouldn't normally be able to participate in Operation T*B*D. What am I going to do--leave a book in a Ziplock on the tundra and hope a moose finds it?

But this year, I have an appointment in town (Anchorage, AK)on April 16, so I get to Rock the Drop in real time--yippee!

I plan to take my laptop and see if I can't attend the post-op party via the public library. Wish me luck. I hope to see you all there!

JenFW said...

Blog blurb.

Paradox said...

I posted the press release and trailer here: http://paradoxrevealed.blogspot.com/2009/04/operation-teen-book-drop.html

I put the button/badge that says "I Rock the Drop" on my sidebar.

I am already a follower of the readergirlz blog.

I am going to drop two books in public places tomorrow, one in a plastic baggie on a bench in front of the local library, and another in a place I haven't yet chosen.

Llehn said...

Forgot to add that I am a follower and that a copy of Princess Diaries is going on a bench on a subway station ... Happy book dropping everyone!

Lesley

holly cupala said...

Keep commenting, readergirlz! It's neck and neck this week. Hope you're all set to rock the drop today and come to the chat this evening!

hunter1001 said...

Thanks for the contest!!

I rocked the drop!! I left a copy of "The Ashwater Experiment" at a Mcdonalds! I took pictures, but sadly, something happened to the disk they are one so the pictures can't get onto the computer yet. I hope that it still counts as 11 points even though I didn't post a picture! And..I joined in on the chat group!

Thanks for the contest! And for hosting ReaderGirlz 2009!!!

countrystars95@yahoo.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.