rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, April 6, 2009

TBD Contest: Week 4

Dear readergirlz, the time has come for the fourth week of five weeks of contests!

The winner of last week's contest is... Molz614! Send your address to readergirlz AT gmail DOT com and we'll get your pack of books out to you, M!

Here's the deal: each week from now until Support Teen Literature Day on April 16th, we'll be awarding *a package of books* to one winner. To enter, you just comment on our blog posts (comments on older posts count - a point for each comment!) and get an extra ten points for taking up the week's challenge. Get ten more any time by becoming one of our blog followers!

Report your post in the comments with the URL where you fulfilled the week's challenge (and get eleven points!). We'll keep track of the comments and urls and award the winners each week. Books! Prizes! And you'll be supporting teen lit and hospitalized teens across the country.

This week's challenge: Post about how you plan to Rock the Drop on your blog, in a bulletin, on twitter, etc. Spread the word about Operation TBD, and tell us how you're doing it!

And if you haven't posted the Rock the Drop Bug, the Operation TBD trailer or the press release on your blog, do that for more points and let us know!


12 comments:

Llehn said...

Congrats to the winner. I am enjoying this week's activities so far! Thanks for the posts!

Lesley
lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

i dont get the contest
but congrats to the winner

Iryna said...

Congratulations to the winner!

BTW, I really like your signature.

Marie said...

Great contest idea!
Congrats to last week's winner!

Erika Powell said...

i blogged about it here
http://kissmybook.blogspot.com/2009/04/readergirlz-elizabeth-scott-rock-my.html

and of course i am a follower

Amber said...

I don't have a blog, but I plan on leaving a copy of Perfect Girls, Starving Daughter by Courtney E. Martin somewhere around town and I hope a fellow 'perfect girl' finds it and has an epiphany while reading it.

Happiness > Perfection
And we CAN be happy without being perfect. Even though I do realize this, sometimes it is hard to fight with my perfectionist self. My first step will be to try and stop comparing myself with everyone else all the time and just be happy being ME.

Thanks for this amazing giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Shelly B said...

Congratulations to this week's winner! I've posted for the challenge this week, here.

I am most definitely a follower!

Anonymous said...

My livejournal isn't all that great for this type of thing, but I'm planning to leave a copy of Laurie Halse Anderson's 'Speak' in a random spot in my town on April 16th. It should be fun actually.

tiffanyak1986(at)hotmail(dot)com

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Thanks so much!

I posted about how I'm going to rock the drop on my blog here:
http://booksforteensreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-do-i-plan-to-rock-drop.html

countrystars95@yahoo.com

Llehn said...

Can't wait to read about what everyone is doing!!

Lesley

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.