rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, October 23, 2009

TRW Tribute: Ellen Hopkins 8:00

http://karinlibrarian.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/l_ab3d531a0d3549e4a3fbc9454791bd5c.jpg

On writing for teens in celebration of Teen Read Week:

"One of my greatest joys is opening a reader email; telling me they've never finished a book before, but finished mine in record time, and could I please recommend other books? Reading empowers. If I can empower one young person, my job is truly valuable. To empower many completes me."

Ellen Hopkins

4 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Ellen is an inspiration!

Little Willow said...

Excellent. Hurrah for feedback!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.