rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

October: Magic for a Day













If you had the magic of the realms for a day, what would you do with it? What would you hope you wouldn't do with it?



9 comments:

Kate said...

I really should read something by Libba Bray!

Melissa Walker said...

I might be tempted to create a fun illusion, just to try it. I guess I'd be afraid I'd like the illusion more than reality.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Yes, Kate!

I'd give myself a singing voice, and tears.

And take a ride with the Gorgon.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Thinking selfishly, that is...

Libba Bray said...

I'd want to be able to play guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughn and drum like Dave Grohl. I'd hope I wouldn't do anything that I *thought* was a good idea only to realize that it really was not. Hey, I've watched "The Twilight Zone." I know how these things go. :D

Little Willow said...

I would want to heal and help others - all kinds of animals, not just humans, and the elements of the world.

Before doing so, I would want to know all of the "rules" (if applicable) and steer clear of any tricks that the magic might have in store, to make sure that I only did good and that my good intentions manifested themselves in the ways intended.

If I were told to use magic for something selfish - because I'd be reluctant to do anything just for myself, not for others, unless I was instructed to do so and it was a must to do something purely fun - I'd make myself more flexible, and get myself a darn SAG card already.

Dia Calhoun said...

If I had magic--quality affordable health care for everyone!

On a more personal note, health and vitality.

Libba Bray said...

Oooh, healthcare for all. I like it Dia. I hope you get the magic.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.