rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

October: postergirlz recommended reads



Thanks, postergirlz, for these most excellent companion books to read along with The Sweet Far Thing!


Fiction
East by Edith Pattou
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
The Young Wizards series by Diane Duane (starting with So You Want to Be a Wizard)
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (starting with City of Bones)
Climbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman

Non-Fiction
Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You by Deborah Reber

9 comments:

Liz Gallagher said...

I heart A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT. Been meaning to go back and re-read, actually. Perhaps this is the month to do that!

Little Willow said...

I cheer the strength of characters in this lineup!

Liz: I'm trying to put together a roundtable for A Certain Slant of Light. If I do, would you be interested in participating? Let me know!

Charlotte said...

I loved Impossible. I definitely recommend it too.

Padma Venkatraman said...

I'm so honored to be among this wonderful list of books and authors as one of your top picks! Thank you so much!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

It's our honor to spotlight these titles and authors. Rock on, postergirlz!

Shelf Elf said...

Such great books. I agree with LW, there are a lot of strong heroines in these titles.

Deborah Reber said...

This is a late comment, but I wanted to say that I too am honored to be one of your recommended reads this month, and in such good company! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! XOXO Debbie

Deborah Reber said...

(AKA Deborah Reber... Liz, I know you are getting used to the "Debbie" thing. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.