rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, October 23, 2009

TRW Tribute: Carolyn Mackler 3:00

http://theyayayas.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/tangled.jpg

"Top Three Reasons Why I Love My Job

1. I get to make things up all day.
2. I'm repaying major karmic debt - YA novels saved me during my teen years.
3. I get so many notes from teen girls saying, "I used to hate reading, but I devoured your novel and now I'm a total bookworm." How cool is that?"

Carolyn Mackler

5 comments:

Little Willow said...

Very cool, Carolyn.

Melissa Walker said...

Pretty awesome.

holly cupala said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.