rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, October 29, 2010

October: Giving Up Humanity












Laini says, "In Hatchling, the Druj have given up their humanity in exchange for other things. What is humanity? What is it that they've given up? What do you think is the nature of humanity?"


4 comments:

Erin said...

If giving up humanity is giving up one's soul, then no no no!

Little Willow said...

I like being human. I like having the mental and physical capabilities that we have, being able to reason, speak, communicate, move, and function as we do. I like being able to sing, dance, move, and laugh like we do. I like my senses, common and uncommon, mental, physical, emotional. I like being human.

Now, if someone said, "Want to shapeshift into another animal for a day?" I'd try out being a cat.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.