rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, March 19, 2010

March: What Beastie Would You Choose as a Pet?













Leviathan author Scott Westerfeld asks, "If you could make any animal in the world into a loyal pet, what beastie would you choose?"



10 comments:

Little Willow said...

I was extremely lucky to have the most loyal pet ever: Twinkie, my Siamese cat! Hollywood and Spooky, also cats, both furry black beasties = my triumverate of awesome felines!

Georgia said...

Any beastie??? Hrmmmm, this could be difficult. I would like Nessie, the Lock Ness Monster to be my beastie.

Liz Gallagher said...

I would like some sort of dog hybrid. Possibly with a monkey. Would that work?

Melissa Walker said...

I wish I could make my cats loyal. They like me okay, but I'm not sure "loyal" is the word I'd use. More like "tolerant."

Priya said...

I would probably pick a dog- they're just so warm and cuddly and friendly!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

How about a flying fox? Yessss.

Georgia said...

I'm changing my answer. I just chose Nessie before... but I need to make her a beastie...

I want a Nessie, Bat, Unicorn hybrid. So that she can fly, and have magical powers and a horn.

Unknown said...

I actually think cats are perfect as is.

But if I had to make a chimera, I'd probably go for a cat that flies. A cat + flying squirrel, maybe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.