rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rgz Seattle HOST: Heather Davis!

Hello, readergirlz!

Liz here! I'll announce the winners of our Heather Davis THE CLEARING and Carrie Ryan THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES giveaways at the end of this post!

But, first, let me tell you what went down in Seattle last night: Heather's release party!

You know by now that THE CLEARING is a story about a modern-day girl and a boy stuck in the endless summer of 1944. So there were 1944-themed treats! Heather made biscuits! And brought lemons! And apples! (There's totally an apple tree in the book.) And the awesome bookseller at Queen Anne Books made oatmeal raisin cookies!



Once everyone was done enjoying the tasty treats, Heather did a reading and answered a few questions.



The crowd was awesome! Street team Sarah came out! A bunch of YA people, too!


Here's poster girl Jackie Parker, me, Heather, author Dona Sarkar, and diva Holly! Kevin Emerson was there, too. Hiding, obviously. Or off looking at books with his daughter and her toy unicorn. Probably the second one is more likely.

I had to wait out a long line of admirers, but I did get my classic Liz-with-Author photo. You know, just so no one would be disappointed.


Photo by Willow Emerson

I'm definitely spending today reading! Finally, my chance to read THE CLEARING. Been waiting with Heather for its release, and I'm so excited to dig in!

And now . . . the giveaway winners!

I used random.org to generate comment winners, and here they are:

The lucky winner of THE CLEARING is . . . Misty!

The lucky winner of THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES is . . .Christinabean!

If you winners see this, please comment with your email addy so I can get your mail addy (Misty won all the way from Australia!). If I don't see a comment by Monday, I'll track you down via your own blogs! =)

Yay! See you next time!









8 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, I'm so excited!!! Thank you so much! My email is misty @ lg2.com.au

And I love the photo of you and Heather together. Its like an autograph, something that you can keep for a very long time.

Melissa Walker said...

Looks awesome!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Yay, Misty saw the post!

Thanks, Liz, and congrats, Heather!

Christinabean said...

OMG! is that me? Christinabean?? I'm so thrilled!!! please email me at clderwee@gmail.com or clderwee@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

holly cupala said...

That was such a fun party! Loved the biscuits and apples, and Heather's misty green blouse and red lips to match the gorgeous cover of THE CLEARING. Sweet times!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.