rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

7 Things You Might Not Know About Me: Lorie Ann Grover



Happy 7th birthday, rgz! Here are 7 Things You Might Not Know About Me:

1. I loooove rocking Doc Martins.
2. I was a fine art major, with a sculpture emphasis, at The University of Miami before I turned to publishing.
3. I love dressing retro, including wearing crinolines.
4. I once created 100 paintings for Cherry Coke's internet game, Time Tremors.
5. I usually write board books in the car.
6. Due to lupus, I love dark, rainy days.
7. I heart matcha green tea!

Oh, and here's my quote:




















Enjoy the celebration this month and share your favorite, handwritten book quotes on the rgz facebook page! xox

LorieAnncard2010small.jpg image by readergirlz

4 comments:

Little Willow said...

Super Grover!

Catherine Stine said...

Cool! I was a fine art major before turning to writing too. In my case I was a painting major, and I showed in galleries for a while. In fact, I just write a novella based on some of my crazy experiences! It's called Model Position (using my pen name, Kitsy Clare). Artist-writers are often quite visual in their descriptions. Power on.

Janet Lee Carey said...

Love this Lorie Ann :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.