PROM by Laurie Halse Anderson was our featured title in our June 2008 issue. What's new with Laurie? Here's what she shared with us:
1. I am writing this list in Muscat, Oman. I've had the chance to visit several American schools overseas in the last couple of years and am having a blast exploring new cultures.
2. I ran a marathon in 2011.
3. I finally got to hang out with Stephen Chbosky (Perks of Being a Wallflower) and am happy to report that he is a super cool guy.
4. I have become obsessed with mint lemonade.
5. I want to write a fantasy, but have not yet figured out how to do it.
6. I'm working on the text for the SPEAK graphic novel that should be published in 2016.
7. I love my life.
Want to know more secrets about your favorite authors? Keep checking this blog all month long to celebrate the seven-year anniversary of readergirlz!
BONUS: Read our roundtable discussion of PROM.
BONUS: Laurie's video celebrating the 10th anniversary of SPEAK in 2009.