rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

7 Things You Don't Know About Sarah Miller

Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller was our book pick for December 2007. Based on the real life of Annie Sullivan, Sarah Miller's debut novel received critical acclaim and lots of enthusiastic support from the readergirlz.

Now, a little over 7 years later, here are 7 fun facts Sarah shared with us about herself:
 
7 Things You Don't Know About Me

My favorite Yoga pose is dragon.

I can knit socks and crochet shawls.

I've visited Laura Ingalls Wilder's grave and slept in Lizzie Borden's bedroom.

True Grit (the one with Hailee Steinfeld) is my new favorite movie. Would you like me to recite the first ten minutes for you?

I shook hands with Rosa Parks.

I'm still afraid of the dark. (But I don't sleep with a nightlight anymore.)

The Kennedy assassination is quite possibly my next historical fascination.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! :)

Unknown said...

This aunt feels so much better informed. I only knew 3 of those facts. Looking forward to the next book!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.