rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

7 Things You Don't Know About Joan Holub


Joan Holub, author and co-founder of readertotz, joins us today to celebrate the readergirlz anniversary. Here are some secrets she's shared with us...


7 Things You Don't Know About Me

1. My prom dress still fits.
2. My wedding dress drowned in Hurricane Katrina.
3. I wrote a picture book about a red pencil writing a book that got 3 starred reviews.
4. I used to be an illustrator.
5. I co-write 2 tween series with Suzanne Williams, Goddess Girls and Grimmtastic Girls.
5. I can make a train choo-choo sound without moving my lips.
6. I blog with readergirlz co-founder Lorie Ann Grover at http://readertotz.blogspot.com

Want to know more secrets about your favorite authors? Keep checking the readergirlz blog all month long!

4 comments:

Little Willow said...

So glad that Joan chimed in!

I love that book cover! Attention Fringe fans: Don't you think Red Riding Hood resembles Jasika Nicole?

http://marcandrew.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JasikaNicole.jpg

Joan Holub said...

Happy anniversary, readergirlz! Thanks for letting me help celebrate, Little Willow!

Joan Holub said...

I love the illustration of Red on this cover. She's so cute. And yes, I see the resemblance.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.