rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, March 17, 2014

7 Things You Don't Know About Kirby Larson

We kicked off 2008 reading HATTIE BIG SKY by Kirby Larson. 

In 2013, the sequel, HATTIE EVER AFTER, was released.

Now, in 2014, Kirby's sharing her list of...

7 Things You Don't Know About Me
1.     I have no willpower when it comes to red licorice (not Twizzlers) or Hot Tamales.
2.     By October, I will have visited 43 of the 50 states, plus the territories of Puerto Rico and Guam.
3.     Even though my dad's commanding officer offered to pay my mom $25 to name me something else (he was pulling for Lenore), my real name is Kirby.
4.     My sixth grade teacher, Mr. Steve Craig, made such a huge impact on my life that he and I are still in contact and good friends after all these years.
5.     Gym classes were not co-ed when I was in middle school and I managed to fail boys' PE.
6.     As a mom, I’m probably an 8, but as a grandma, I’m a 10+.
7.     My best book is that one that I've yet to write.
 


2 comments:

dmgrossman said...

Hot tamales are a vice of mine too. Now craving them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.