Sarah Mlynowski has hung out with the readergirlz on more than one occasion. She participated in 31 Flavorites in October 2007 (and also dropped in to say hi to Lauren Myracle during Lauren's chat). She shared the story behind the cover of her book Gimme a Call with rgz diva Melissa Walker. Little Willow met her in person when E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle, and Sarah Mlynowski were promoting their book How to Be Bad. (LW adds: That was an awesome day, y'all.)
Today, Sarah's new book DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT is available everywhere. Everywhere! In honor of the rgz anniversary and in honor of the book's release, here are 7 things you didn't know about Sarah Mlynowski... until now.
1. I bite my nails.
2. My little sister is a reality TV show producer.
3. The only sports team I was ever on was the newcomball team at
sleepaway camp. What is newcomball? It’s like volleyball, except you
catch the ball before throwing it over the net. I’m not sure it’s a real
sport. Maybe I shouldn’t be too excited that I won
the MIP (Most Improved Player) award in 1988.
4. Gordon Kormon spoke at my school when I was in third grade. (I know
that makes him sound old, but he was only 15 at the time.)
5. After Gordon’s visit I decided to write my own book, Lizzie Forshort.
It’s about a girl whose name is Elizabeth but is called Lizzie...for
short! My mom typed up the manuscript for me and we sent it to Bantam
Books. And that’s the story of very first
6. My husband proposed in Queenstown, New Zealand, in 2003. We’d started
dating in1994 when we were seventeen. Took him long enough.
7. My five-year old daughter is a better cook than I am. Last week she
made a purée and a meatloaf. Last week I made toast and a cup of coffee.