rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bonus Cover Stories: Dirty Little Secrets by CJ Omololu

dirtylittlesecrets.jpg
I have great news! Barnes and Noble's UNABASHEDLY BOOKISH blog has asked me to write some Cover Stories for them, and I'll be doing that every week. This week, I'm featuring CJ Omololu's Dirty Little Secrets (a.k.a. the YA Hoarder book!). Here's a teaser from the Cover Story:

"When I thought about the cover for Dirty Little Secrets, I was actually thinking of something more graphic, although I had no idea what. We'd seen so many Twilight-esque covers that are cool -- books like The Dark Divine that are spare and striking -- so I thought it would be more like that. Good thing my publisher didn't ask me, because somehow, the image of a bag of garbage or a stack of National Geographics probably wouldn't be as eye-catching as what Walker came up with...."

Read the rest at Unabashedly Bookish, and I'll love you forever if you comment over there and make me feel popular. Thanks!

6 comments:

readergirlz said...

I'm very excited about this book - thanks, Melissa, for the super cover stories!

Little Willow said...

Congrats, Melissa!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's amazing! Will pop on over and have a look at the site.
Olive

JenFW said...

I really like the look of the girl--on the outside looking in.

The B&N blog isn't letting me register so that I can comment over there. Grrr.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.