rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Author in Residence Elizabeth Scott: Your Questions Answered + Win Books!

Our second amazing Author in Residence, Elizabeth Scott, is a smart and hilarious writer who will be on the rgz team through April! Check out her mini-issue at the rgz website.

Throughout her visit, she will be cross-posting at the readergirlz blog. We are honored to have Elizabeth among us (look at that lineup of books!). Learn more about Elizabeth Scott and our author-in-residence position.

Elizabeth ScottElizabeth ScottElizabeth Scott

Elizabeth ScottElizabeth ScottElizabeth ScottElizabeth Scott

Here is the second of Elizabeth’s monthly vlog entries about writing, in which she answers readers questions about her butt-in-chair technique, the inspiration that comes with scrubbing toilets (but not at the dentist), what she reads, and many other fascinating things. (Including how you can comment below to win a paperback copy of Something, Maybe... open to readergirlz all over the world!)

You can learn a lot from this awesome writer. Here she is:

20 comments:

YA Sleuth said...

How great to get some insight into Elizabeth Scott's process! I loved Living Dead Girl, so I'll have to pick up Something Maybe.

Thanks for this!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

She is a gem, right?

lanna-lovely said...

I completely agree about the reading thing, you pretty much described everything I love about reading and poetry in a better way than I ever could. <3

BANorwil said...

Sounds like the reading is basicly what I reall love about it too. We're finishing our poetry unit with my family and I'll miss it.

jpetroroy said...

Wonderful! I loved hearing about her process

elisabeth said...

i luv es. one of my fave authors!readergirlz rox!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ah, thanks, Elisa! I heart your icon. :~)

Marjolein Reads said...

great video and very inpiring for aspiring writers!

Alix said...

Great vlog and, yes, reading is the best and the dentist is the worst!

Robby said...

It is so fun listening to Elizabeth talk. So so fun. I loved Something, Maybe and I CANNOT wait for The Unwritten Rule.
I'm so glad she's trying to get in to poetry. It's one of my favorite genres. :]

Anonymous said...

Very enthusiastic! I'm trying to read more poetry too :)

Catch My Words said...

I love to read too and am hoping for a new book. :)

jlansky(at)comcast(dot)net

Unknown said...

She's so cool!!! When she's describing the poetry you can really tell how much she loves it. I can't help but smile. :) I'm also jealous of her willpower to just sit down and write, even if she doesn't feel like it. As a procrastinator I could never do that.

tingting said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I never read a lot of poetry in school, either.

And my all time fave thing to do is read. I couldn't live without reading!

Amanda said...

Yay! I know what she means about wanting to read everything--there are so many interesting books in non-fiction as well as fiction. I love just grabbing a book about combating human trafficking and chocolate recipes and ethics and designer babies all in the same visit to the library. =]

Miss Haley said...

Elizabeth! you are awesome!!!! thanks for answering my questions :D :D you are like, my hero. you are so cool.

Hannah S. said...

Wow, you're so cool...
Even my mom (!) likes you!
This means we now have to share my copies of your books... Lovely. :)
Love, Hannah

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.