rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cover Stories: Jessie ♥ NYC


Keris Stainton was here last year to share the Cover Story for Della Says: OMG!, and now she's back with the tale of Jessie ♥ NYC!

Here's Keris:

"I didn't really think about the cover when I was writing the book -- I'd made a collage so I just pictured that... although it did have the Empire State Building smack bang in the middle!

"After I'd delivered the book I actually dreamed the cover and the title. I told my editor and she asked me to send over the details, so I made a few mock-ups and she loved them.

"The first version I saw was black and white (right) and then the next one was gold, but not as fabulously shiny as the finished product...

Read the rest of Keris's Cover Story at melissacwalker.com.


1 comment:

Bijou-Heart said...

Talk about ironic >.< I've been seeing my name "Jessie" being used more in books, and when I saw this title "Jessie ♥'s NYC" I had such a shock, because my name is Jessie & I do live in NYC :') But this sounds like a great book & I'll be sure to check it out.