rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, September 6, 2010

September: Sibling Issues












Maureen says, "Spencer and his sister Scarlett are normally very close, but he gets very angry with her when he finds out about her dating his friend Eric. Why do you think this is?"


9 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

I think dating changes a lot of things.
Spencer and Scarlett have always been close, yeah, but have they been equals ? Scarlett, for want of a better word, is "encroaching" on his territory. Older siblings (of which I am one) sometimes don't like the younger siblings hanging out with their (the older sibling's) friends.

Little Willow said...

It's pretty typical. It's weird for Spencer to see his best friend dating his little sister.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Siblings are set and bound to define who they are as well as their territory. When friends start crossing over, everyone feels the strangeness. But then there's the revelation that all is fine!

Melissa Walker said...

Spencer and Scarlett are SO close that anyone who diverts her attention is suspect, I'd think. Love their brother-sister dynamic.

Unknown said...

I don't actually HAVE any siblings, so I spend a lot of time watching other people and their siblings, or talking to people about their siblings. Mostly, I just made it up based on my relationship with my friends. I'm always interested in the answers to the sibling questions because I wonder, "Did I get it right?"

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Spot on, Maureen, only child. :~)

Dia Calhoun said...

Teen siblings don't want their worlds to cross. Intense territoriality.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.