rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cover Stories: My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours by Kristina Springer

MFBIBTY.jpg
Kristina Springer's My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours is out this week, and she's here to share her short and sweet Cover Story:

"I didn't have any cover ideas at all! I couldn't even begin to think of what would fit my book so I pretty much think the FSG art department is full of geniuses because my cover turned out way cute.
"When I first saw my cover, I loved, loved, loved it! They asked for comments, but I think I pretty much just said 'OMG, I love it!'

"The cover changed such a tiny bit that I never even noticed. My husband pointed out to me that one of the phrases on the cover of an early image wasn't on the final book.

"Overall, I love it so much--I think it's cute andfun and fits the book perfectly."

Thanks, Kristina! I love how the cover is actually like packaging that would be hanging in a store--just noticed that. It's a cover that makes you want to keep looking at it for new hilarity. See the sides, flaps and back cover at Kristina's blog.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was looking for tips on the Internet about how to get him back after a break up and i found your blog. I think your blog is interesting. I

added your site to favorites & I will come back here ... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.