rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, September 20, 2010

September: The quest for fame












Maureen says, "Chelsea has been chasing fame all her life. Why do you think people want to be famous? Why do you think Chelsea's brother Max rejects the quest for fame?"



7 comments:

Little Willow said...

There's a difference between wanting to be successful and wanting to be famous. I want to be successful. I want to be respected and known for doing good work. I want to affect others in a positive manner. I want to inspire, teach, and lead by example. More than anything, I want to be doing what I love all of the time, and to make a living at it.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I hear you, LW.

Isn't the quest for fame a drive to be remembered? To substantiate existence. To not be forgotten? Hm...

Erin said...

I was going to say exactly what Lorie Ann said, heh. :) But I definitely agree with LW, all the way.

elfarmy17 said...

I think some people struggling for fame feel they're not good enough and want to be loved. I think Chelsea's Mom has given her this impression.

Little Willow said...

My work will be my legacy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.